UNITED UNDER THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IN ORDER TO FURTHER THE GOSPEL, CONVERT THE LOST, AND PREPARE THE BRETHREN FOR THE COMING OF OUR SAVIOR AND KING.
We, the willing members of Word of Truth Bible Church of Attleboro, MA, do hereby covenant and agree before God and our fellow Christians to hold the following biblical admonitions in high regard not only in the presence of the brethren but also before the lost so as to demonstrate the true Christian character and spirituality that the Spirit of God may move among us and them and that our witness, testimony and the words of the living God may be presented in truth with out hindrance from us.
- That we will submit ourselves one to the other in honor preferring one another.
- That we will learn to forgive one another even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven us.
- That we will care for one another, the elder guiding the younger in the Lord, and by work and deed being spiritual examples both to express God's presence and be humbly used as God wishes to strengthen those we have given to our fellowship.
- That we will pray for one another with compassion and concern, and seek each other's welfare in any time of trouble.
- That we will unite together to worship in spirit and truth with prepared hearts and minds in joyful communion.
- That we will continue faithful in supporting the church and it's ministries as we are prospered in obedience to the scripture while seeking no temporal reward but looking for His blessings and love, realizing that if we sow bountifully we will reap bountifully.
- Further, that it is the words of the scripture and as well as the message and doctrine that are vital and that we possess these words by the mercy and grace of God in the confines of the Authorized or King James Bible entirely and without error.
- That it is the expressed and clear purpose of this church as all visible churches of true believers, to disseminate, teach, promote, publish, distribute in several forms, proclaim by voice in any righteous manner, and preserve these words as directed and supplied by the Spirit of God, to the fullest extent possible before the resurrection of the Body of Christ in what we know as the rapture, or translation of the saints.
- That we will consistently seek to win those who are not yet converted to the salvation of Christ not only in this country and location but as far as possible throughout the world in anyway not inconsistent with the teaching of scripture by the power and leadership of the Holy Spirit.
- That the Bishop shall have the full authority in all matters regarding the church in order that he may exercise the gifts given to him by the Holy Ghost.
- That the Bishop will seek the wise counsel, as he deems necessary and possible, in order to make decisions for the church and that they will pray that God will guide the Bishop in making those decisions.
- That we would follow as God directs the leadership of the church through the Bishop (pastor), praying for such leadership, trusting that God will correct and take full responsibility for the man of God, and should disagreement arise that we would follow the scriptural admonition and by grace seek understanding.
- That this church functions, not as a democracy, but as a body under the Headship of the Lord Jesus Christ and at the direction of the Bishop as the under-shepherd. Members of this church are not individually afforded with any property, contract, or civil rights based upon principles of democratic government except that they may remove themselves at any time that they so choose.
Bro. Edward R. Cross
Bishop and Pastor
Adopted: October 18, 2018